Not losing weight with your lap band?
If you have a LAP-BAND or REALIZE Band, and you aren't losing weight, there are a lot of things you should check before saying it didn't work for you.
Weight Loss Surgical Center prepared a series of five blog posts about adjustments you can make to reinvigorate your weight loss efforts and get the most out of your band.
Here are the five lap band adjustments to make before declaring failure:
- Do you need an eating adjustment? (Nutrition, food journaling)
- Time for a behavior adjusment? (Sticking to the rules, identifying satiety)
- Time for an activity adjusment? (physical activity)
- Time for an attitude adjusment? (Confirming commitment, setting realistic expectations)
- Time for a band adjustment? (gastric band fills)
We do our best to help people set appropriate expectations about what life with a LAP-BAND or REALIZE Band is like, but that message does not always get through.
The truth is that losing weight with a band is work, but when used correctly a lap band can be a powerful tool to make the work of losing weight much easier.
But it is still work.
If you're ready to start losing some serious weight and keep it off for good with lap band and these other adjustments, sign up for our free kit of weight loss surgery information to get started.